Amazon Prime Video – Premier TV and Movie Streaming
As well as free, faster shipping, Prime members get access to a stellar selection of TV Shows, Movies and Amazon original programming. The provider is considered one of the big players globally and lives up to expectation in many ways considered by many as one of the major players in online streaming.
What’s in this Guide?
How Much does Amazon cost?
You can subscribe to Amazon Prime either on a month-by-month basis or annually, with the monthly price set at $6.99. The real value is had in the annual subscription, though, which costs $59 (a remarkably cheap $4.90 per month) and makes sure you’re all set for an entire year. There’s a 30-day free trial when you sign up (yes, including the free shipping) so you can road-test all the perks of Prime for yourself and not pay a cent unless you’re happy.
Last audited 09 April 2021
Best Amazon shows by Genre
Here we have broken down Amazon’s catalogue by genre to give you a better idea of the sheer breadth of content. From hit US comedies and Drama to Sports Docos and Movies, it offers a little something for everyone.
Amazon Review – A Streaming Heavyweight!
From original series to plenty of your favourites, Amazon Prime Video certainly has some great content that can rival any of its competitors. All in all, there are more than 1250 shows in the Amazon Prime Video library. One further advantage they have over other streaming services is that they’re gradually moving into sport, starting with game-changing documentaries and live events like Swimming.
How Does Amazon Prime Compare to Netflix, Stan and BINGE?
It’s a competitive streaming world out there, and Prime comes loaded with a whole bunch of tasty TV that’s not available on any of the other streaming services. As well as their own Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour and The Test – A New Era for Australia’s Team, they hold the rights to a whole library of hit US series..
There’s no shortage of stuff to watch on the other streaming services, of course – and in a close-fought competition for streaming subscriptions, Amazon Prime performs. Price-wise, it’s cheaper than all of its close competitors, making it an appealing option.
How does Amazon Prime Compare to Foxtel?
If you like to binge on series and enjoy sitting watching a movie with the family then Amazon certainly ticks all the boxes. The Amazon TV and Movie library competes with Foxtel admirably, but you could argue that the former carries more weight thanks to its partnerships with HBO and BBC.
Whereas Amazon Prime is certainly cheaper than Foxtel, the choice of added content is lacking when looking at sports and entertainment. Foxtel offers the complete package, with sports, movies and entertainment bundles available to all customers. This means Foxtel is definitely better suited to sports fans and larger families with broader tastes.
Amazon Prime Compatible Devices
Devices supported on Amazon Prime
– iOS devices: Yes – Prime Video app for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
– Android devices: Yes – Prime Video app for Android phones and tablets
– Smart TVs: Yes – Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Vizio, TCL, Hisense, Philips, JVC, Konka, Insignia, Skyworth, Sharp, Changhong, Haier
– Set-top boxes: Yes – Comcast X1, Cox Contour, Dish Network, Nvidia Shield, Roku, Prime Video VR for Oculus, Tivo, Xiaomi
– Amazon Devices: Yes – Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Echo devices w/ screen, Fire tablets, Fire phone
– Gaming Consoles: Yes – Playstation 3, 4, & 5, and Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox 360
– Blu-ray players: Yes – Select LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony models
– Google Chromecast: Yes – All models
– Apple TV: Yes – 3rd and 4th generation and Apple TV 4K
– Telstra TV: Yes – All models
– PC/Mac: Yes – Web browser only (Windows, Mac OS, Chrome OS, or Linux)