Foxtel is full-throttle into its 2017 coverage of the V8 supercars season on internet fed platforms with Foxtel Now
* and Foxtel go^. All of the live footage for the V8 Supercars Champion races can be viewed without ads or breaks on FOX SPORTS 5. This year’s excitement continues through-out Australia to include the popular Gold Coast 600 (Oct 20-22) at Surfers Paradise in QLD, before finishing in Newcastle, NSW, on the 26th of November.
According to Foxtel, “The chequered flag is up and another season begins. Australia’s pre-eminent motoring series, the V8 Supercars, is available to Foxtel subscribers. Every race weekend, thousands of Australians look forward to the chance to witness the might of the V8 Supercars races and now fans will be able to enjoy the action on the mobile move with Foxtel Go^, or via the convenience of watching online with Foxtel Now
Here in 2017, Fox Sports will be offering live coverage of the V8 Supercars domestic series on all of the Foxtel platforms. Fox Sports will also offer the Supercars championship races LIVE in HD, with many of the key sessions Ad-Free. Every support event, practice, qualifying session and championship race will be shown live, with expert commentary included in this coverage, right up to the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 in late November. Each weekend will make for must see live TV, including the Bathurst 1000, the most prestigious motorsport event in Australia.
2017 Gold Coast 600 Preview
Next up is a trip to Queensland for the 9th running of the Gold Coast 600 sponsored by Vodafone. During last year’s event it was the pairing of Shane Van Gisbergen and France’s Alexandre Premat who took the points when winning the first 300km endurance event, and grabbing second in the last race. Duplicating that feat will be no easy task, as Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup are holding first and second, while veteran Fabian Coulthard is not too far behind.
With its longstanding tradition, the Gold Coast 600 is more than just a race, it offers the best of Australian motorsport across a three-day festival of events that celebrate the V8 Supercars Championships. This year, coverage of the 2017 Bathurst 1000 begins on Friday, October 20, with every key session show LIVE right through to the last lap on Sunday, October 22.
Gold Coast 600 Live Fox Sports TV Times
- Practice 1 – Friday at 11.45 am (Fox Sports 5)
- Practice 2 – Friday at 3.00 pm (Fox Sports 5)
- Practice 3 – Friday at 5.45 pm (Fox Sports 5)
- Supports – Saturday 10.00 am (Fox Sports 5)
- Qualify R 21– Saturday 12.15 pm (Fox Sports 5)
- Race 21 – Saturday at 3.05 pm (Fox Sports 5)
- Qualify R 22 – Sunday at 10.45 am (Fox Sports 5)
- Top 10 Shootout – Sunday 12.40 pm (Fox Sports 5)
- Driver’s Parade – Sunday 2.30 pm (Fox Sports)
- Race 22 – Sunday at 3.05 pm (Fox Sports 5)
Shown as Sydney time, adjust for regional differences. The V8 Supercars on free to air featured races are limited to six events with some live action in 2017, the Clipsal 500, Townsville 400, Sandown 500, Bathurst 1000, Gold Coast 600 and Newcastle 500.
Live V8 Supercars Streaming and a Free Trial
With the Foxtel Now free trial, motor sport fans can watch V8 Supercars online* with compatible Internet connected devices, as well as streaming V8 Supercars Live to eligible mobile devices through the Foxtel Go app. Best of all, the Foxtel Now 2-weeks free trial is available to both New users and existing Foxtel Play subscribers!