1. “Why is your penis on a dead girl’s phone?” – Annalise Keating, How to Get Away with Murder.
The line was so powerful mainly because Annalise (Viola Davis) had just taken off her makeup, wig and jewelry, demonstrating how a woman in her position is forced to put on a certain façade for the world to take her seriously.
2. “There’s a special place in hell for women who spout that tired quote to justify their bad behavior” – Olivia Pope, Scandal.
That line was her comeback to Elizabeth (Portia De Rossi) telling her that there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t protect other women.
3. “Oh, and FYI…. Another thing that I just don’t do anymore is wax. So… it’s 1976 down there.” – Mellie, Scandal
4. “Some people collect buttons or Taco Bell chihuahuas, I collect orgasms.” – Nicky Nichols, Orange Is The New Black
5. “I am sorry about the Mort and Maura and the he and the she. I am just a person and you are just a person and here we are” – Mort (Maura) Pfefferman, Transparent
6. “Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.” – Ron Swanson, Parks And Recreation
7. “You want to be reelected. You want me to be elected. Then zip up your pants, shut your mouth and stop banging the help!” – Alicia Florrick, The Good Wife
8. “Look at the flowers Lizzie” – Carol, The Walking Dead.
Carol uttered those words right before having to shoot Lizzie.
9. “I love you buddy. OK? I love you so much.” – Kristina Braverman, Parenthood.
That was one of the most heartbreaking lines of the year. Kristina said those words to Max while hugging him in the backseat of the car after he had just told them how he was bullied.
10. “Don’t have a clue; I’m waiting for the dog to die so I can shoot myself.” – Olive Kitteridge, Olive Kitteridge.
That was Olive’s reply to a stranger asking her to give him a reason to wake up in the morning.
11. “What could be more natural than your mother’s tongue in your ear?” – Gloria, Modern Family
12. “Time is a flat circle” – Rust Cohle, True Detective
13. “Troy and Abed are in mourning” – Troy and Abed, Community
14. “There are no saints in the animal kingdom. There’s only breakfast and dinner.” –Lorne Malvo, Fargo
15. “Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that in a room full of pussies, I’m the only one with a vagina” – Julia Walsh, The Honourable Woman
16. “I will be your champion” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones.
17. “I am guilty of a far more monstrous crime; I am guilty of being a dwarf… I did not do it. (to Cersei) I did not kill Joffrey but I wish that I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores. (to the crowd) I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!” – Tyrion Lannister, Game Of Thrones
18. “I gotta go to the bathroom. Do they have a bathroom here, or do they put their turds up in the Cloud?” – Selina Meyer, Veep
19. “Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy. But he is not the sun. You are.” – Christina Yang, Grey’s anatomy
20. “Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.” – Hannibal Lector, Hannibal
Now it’s your turn, drop your comment below and tell us what your favorite TV lines of 2014 are.