Note: This is an older article. Presto shut down in January 2017. Foxtel then launched Foxtel Now, a better, more affordable, and more comprehensive streaming service. You can read more in the Foxtel Now review or compare streaming options here.
The service had a collection of hundreds movies to boast. Presto was also offering premium content from HBO, SHOWTIME®, CBS Studios International, Viacom International Media Networks and Hasbro Studios as well as a selection of local content from Foxtel, the Seven Network and ABC Commercial. It included full seasons of popular TV dramas like Aquarius, Wentworth, A Place to Call Home, Empire, Scandal, and Mr. Robot.
Moreover, Presto was available to stream on a wide variety of devices: consoles (PS3 & PS4), smartphones, tablets, laptops, PCs. On the big screen, users could access the streaming service via Telstra TV, Airplay, Android TV, or selected Samsung Smart TVs. It was also available on Chromecast.
Chromecast allowed you to enjoy your Presto streaming with everyone via your smart TV.
To set up the device and your Presto subscription for viewing on the big screen, you needed to:
- Using the HDMI slot at the back of your TV, plug in Chromecast and download the app on your Apple or supported Android device. The device will guide you through the steps to connect your Chromecast to the network and the device.
- You needed to make sure you have the latest Presto app downloaded on your tablet/mobile device.
- After updating or downloading the app, you needed to open it and log in to Presto with your credentials.
- Then you had to select the ‘Cast’ icon within the Presto app menu on the left-hand corner and select Chromecast.
- That will connect your Chromecast to your tablet and the screen will display the message, ‘Ready to Cast’.