Is Stan Worth Shelling Out $10 Monthly?
The video streaming service by Fairfax and Nine, Stan, costs users a flat $10 monthly fee to access its vast library of TV shows and movies, but the question asked by many is “Should I Subscribe to Stan”? Before diving in deep, let’s make sure we’re on the same page regarding the first two basic questions.
Stan is an on-demand video streaming service. For a monthly subscription fee, you can access Stan’s library and watch TV shows and movies at no additional cost. Content can be viewed in high definition or standard definition, depending on your settings. However, you must bear in mind that Stan TV shows and movies will use data from your internet service provider. So make sure you watch Stan in accordance with your monthly allowances!
To watch TV shows and movies on Stan, you will need to access the Stan website from your computer’s browser. You can also download the app on your iOS and Android devices and enjoy streaming video content whenever and wherever you please. You can also watch Stan on streaming devices, game consoles and selected smart TVs.
Well, the answer to this question depends on what you want from the video streaming service. Considering the fact that it only costs $10/month, it can safely be said that Stan is currently one of the best video streaming services operating in Australia. The platform delivers a wide range of TV shows and movies, the price is right, and there are several devices you can watch on.
Just in Spring 2017, subscribers can watch several new shows that will be added to the Stan library. The list includes the first 12 seasons of Supernatural, new shows White Famous and Claws, as well as returning series Good Behaviour, The Flash, and Penny Dreadful.Here are the pros and cons of ‘Stan’ to make things simpler for you:
- Great device compatibility
- The user interface comes with a great design and is easy to navigate.
- A month-long free trial is offered.
- A kids section is available.
- The movie library consists of a good mix of Australian, Hollywood and international films.
- Tons of great TV titles are available.
- A number of special series, such as Breaking Bad and its long-awaited spin-off Better Call Saul, as well as Twin Peaks, iZombie, Younger, Preacher, and many more.
- Original shows like Wolf Creek, No Activity, One Night Stan.
- Some TV shows are not available in full.
- The recommendation engines offer suggested content only after a TV show or movie has been watched.
Stan certainly does not fail to impress. Costing a mere $10/month for SD streaming and with a wide array of great viewing options, the video streaming service provides good value and is worth giving a try. You can now try out Stan for free with their latest 30 day free trial offer!
You may also be interested in these articles:
How to Watch Stan on TV
How to Control Your Content’s Video Quality on Stan
Stan Vs Quickflix