Do you have problems while watching Netflix? If so, one of the most common causes is intermittent or weak Internet connectivity.
Trouble starting playback, frequent rebuffering, or problems with launching the Netflix application are some typical indications of an interrupted or slow internet connection. However, to ensure that your viewing experience is not affected, it is advised you take some steps to troubleshoot the network connection issues you are facing on Netflix. Don’t know how? No problem, read on.
Restart Your Internet
Make sure your Internet-capable device is turned off, and all the network equipment is unplugged for a minute before you plug them back in again.
- Step#1: Turn off your device.
- Step#2: Unplug your modem and wireless router (if a separate device) from the power source for about 30 seconds.
- Step#3: Plug in your modem and wireless router (if a separate device), and wait until the lights blink on.
- Step#4: Turn your device on and try streaming Netflix.
Connect Your Device Directly to Your Modem
If you are still having problems after you restarted the network, bypass your router, and, using an Ethernet cable, connect your device to the modem. This will help you identify what exactly is the cause of the problem.
- Step#1: Turn off your device.
- Step#2: Using an Ethernet cable, connect your device to your modem.
- Step#3: Unplug your modem from the power source and wait for around 30 seconds. Plug it back in again and wait until the light blinks on.
- Step#4: Turn your device on again and try streaming Netflix.
If you are able to stream again, it is likely that the router was the problem, and while bypassing it will let you stream for now, it is not the perfect solution. Therefore, it is advised you contact somebody who can help you reconfigure or reset your router. However, if you are still unable to stream, you should contact your equipment provider to ensure your Internet service and modem are functioning properly.
Improve the Signal of Your Wi-Fi Network
If none of these steps help, improve your network connectivity by following these steps:
- Elevate your router to get a better reception.
- Move your router to a new location. If the router is in a centralized location, it is likely you will get better reception. Don’t locate it close to other devices that use radio signals – like cordless phone base stations or microwave ovens.
- There could be wireless interference from other wireless devices. Therefore, move all such devices away from your router. That includes anything that uses Bluetooth, such as mobile phones and tablets.
There you have it, all the steps you need to troubleshoot network connection issues on Netflix. However, if you are still facing problems, it is recommended that you contact your Internet service provider.
Best Broadband Plans for Streaming TV
To avoid experiencing streaming issues in the first place, getting a fast, reliable broadband service is the obvious solution. Fortunately, internet plans have now become more accessible than ever. Several telco providers offer unlimited internet at affordable costs so that you can stream as much as you want without worrying about data usage. Even broadband plans running on faster speed tiers are reasonably priced as well.
One great option is Telstra‘s unlimited internet plan + entertainment. At only $99/month, you get unlimited data on the 50/20Mbps speed tier, Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, unlimited standard local, national, and mobile calls, and the new Telstra TV 3. To sweeten the deal, this plan also includes a $125 Telstra TV Box Office credit — that’s up to 20 movie rentals. Plus 3 months free unlimited access to hayu, DocPlay, Garage, and AnimeLab when you activate a subscription on Telstra TV. These are valuable inclusions and a lot of perks in one plan, all yours for under $100.
For standalone internet plans, there’s no need to go farther. Also backed by Telstra’s outstanding network is Belong. Their unlimited plan configured on the Standard Plus speed tier is only at $65/month on a 12-month contract, $70 if you prefer month-to-month. Southern Phone offers unlimited data on the NBN50 also at $70/month. With so many excellent options available, it’s easy to experience the world of streaming entertainment to the fullest.