Presto users have even more reasons to rejoice, since they can now watch all their content on the big screen through Google Chromecast.
Note: This is an older article. Presto shut down in January 2017. Foxtel then launched Foxtel Now, a better, more affordable, and more comprehensive streaming service. You can read more in the Foxtel Now review or compare streaming options here.
Whether it’s your favourite TV show or your favourite movie, you can now stream it all directly to your large screen in the living room, for a better viewing experience. But many of you are probably wondering what Google Chromecast is. Chromecast is basically a USB lookalike device that you can plug right into your HDTV’s HDMI port and broadcast your favourite video content to your TV. It’s a nifty little device from Google that has made life easy for thousands of people who wanted to stream Presto content on their large screens, and the service will be available to you from July 1, when Presto releases their updates. To take advantage of the update, you need to have a Google Chromecast, a HDTV with an HDMI port, the Presto Chromecast app on your Android device and of course, a Presto subscription.
To make sure that you enjoy your Presto subscription on the big screen, here’s a guide that will allow you to stream your content to your HDTV via Google Chromecast:
- Plug the Google Chromecast into the HDMI port on your HDTV and download the supported app on your Android or iOS device. You will then need to go through the set up process of connecting your device to the TV via your network; the device will guide you with steps to follow.
- Once you have your device up and running, open up your Presto subscription and get it running as well. Make sure your Presto app is up to date and that you are not running an older version of the app on your iPad or Samsung tablet.
- If you have an outdated version, make sure to update the app first from the App Store on the iPad or the Play Store if you are on an Android device.
- Now open the app and log in to Presto with your credentials.
- In the Presto app menu, there will be option to ‘Cast’ at the bottom corner of the screen. Press the icon and select the Chromecast attached to your TV.
- Once you have done that, the display will tell you that it is ‘Ready to Cast’.
- Simply select the movie or show you want to play and press Play on your tablet and you are good to go.
Now that you know how to Cast your movies and favourite shows onto your HDTV, get a Google Chromecast device and enjoy your weekend with a blast.
Presto is offering 1 month free trial – so feel free to check it out!
Stream Your Favourites with Google Chromecast
Stream your favourite shows and movies from any device with Google Chromecast. Watch the best of Netflix, Stan, Kayo Sports, and more on a bigger screen in HD with this small yet powerful device.