Telstra customers can finally purchase Telstra TV, the shiny streaming media player that gives users access to several streaming services and apps. Telstra partnered with Roku to provide customers with access to Netflix, Presto, Stan, and a variety of catch-up services from free-to-air television networks.
Telstra TV allows Telstra home broadband customers to watch the most popular streaming services, rent the latest blockbuster films from BigPond Movies, and catch up on their favourite TV shows on their compatible TV. Telstra TV provides access to 15 services including apps for Presto and Netflix, as well as a number of television catch up services. Australian streaming service Stan will be available on Telstra TV in November.
“Whether you love to binge watch the latest television series, enjoy a family movie night, or catch up on free to air shows you missed during the week, Telstra TV is the simple way to stream your favourite television on demand,” Joe Pollard, Telstra Chief Marketing Officer and Group Executive Media, said.
Telstra has partnered with Roku Inc., which is renowned for its streaming platform and producing world-class streaming devices. Telstra TV is available for purchase in Telstra stores nationally and online from 27 October, for $109 per streaming player or included as part of selected L and XL broadband bundles. BigPond Movies and Presto will be unmetered on Telstra Home Broadband at home, but data usage applies for other use.
Telstra Internet Plans + Bundles
Internet NBN Plans starting from $75p/m with 3 months BINGE. Or, bundle in Entertainment with unlimited NBN 50 and choose a Telstra TV, Xbox or Foxtel from $99p/m. Join Telstra Plus and get loads of FREE entertainment offers.
Furthermore, Telstra customers who take up a Telstra TV before 25 December will receive a $15 BigPond Movie voucher.
Users will still have to pay for a subscription to the three streaming services, but Telstra sweetens the deal with a bonus three months subscription to Presto and a bonus three months subscription to Stan when Stan becomes available.
Here are the services and apps that will be available at launch: Presto, Netflix, SBS on Demand, PLUS7, 9JumpIn, YouTube, Red Bull TV, Awesomeness TV, Wall Street Journal, GoPro, Vimeo, Crunchy Roll, Dropbox, Roku Media Player. A Stan app will be added in November; ABC iView and Tenplay by year’s end. Features and specifications below.
Key Product Features
- Speed – Roku’s fastest processor to date
- Apps – Access to a huge range of local and international video
- Video & Audio Support – 720p/1080p HD and Dolby Digital 7.1
- Connectivity – 802.11n dual band wireless or 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Remote – Infrared (IR) Remote with quick replay button
- Extra Storage – MicroSD slot and USB port for additional storage
- Mobile Integration – Support screen mirroring with Miracast and 2nd screen ‘casting’ with Netflix and You Tube
- Processor – Dual Arm A9 1Ghz Processor 32KB L1 Cache
- RAM – 512MB DRAM
- Storage – 256MB Flash NAND
- Ports – HDMI 1.4, USB 2.0, MicroSD Slot,
- Remote – Roku Standard infrared (IR) Remote with 2x AAA batteries
- Other Inclusions – Power Adapter, 1.5m HDMI Cable